Sunday, August 17, 2008

Open Thread of Braun Allmighty

I don't have the lineup yet but I got word that Braun will indeed be starting. After his at-bat last night, I'm not surprised. Also supposedly in the line up is Rivera. The fact that the tipster (who is at Dodger stadium) added him to the mix makes me believe the guy has to be full of it.

Clayton Kershaw is a guy I have had my eye on. I watched him toss a few games earlier in the year on MiLB.tv and he is pretty impressive. He is a lefty, has not faced a single Brewer, and has even splits in 13 games he has pitched. In other words, this one is a toss up.

On the flip side, the Dodgers have had success against Suppan. combining for a .936 OPS and 8 bombs, the Dodgers are probably licking their chops going into this one.

As I pointed out last night, this game is big for the Brewers. A win today would set them up for a nice winning streak, as they get the top of the rotation against the Astros at home.

Come on Soup, shock the world. Go Brewers!!

edit, I was lied to.

2B Rickie Weeks
SS JJ Hardy
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
RF Corey Hart
3B Bill Hall
CF Mike Cameron
C Jason Kendall
P Jeff Suppan.

while funny in a cringe inducing way...rest assured, I will retaliate. Thankfully, the Brewers will continue to trot out the offensively inept Jason Kendall.

Creative Commons License
All Original Photos are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License. Creative Commons License
All Original writings are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.