Thursday, July 31, 2008

Questioning My Allegiance

So, the Packers offered Favre 20 million to NOT PLAY for the Packers yesterday. This was the supposed "master plan" to resolve this situation and what a dumb plan it was.

I can't think of a more insulting thing for this organization to do than that. For me, it makes me question my allegiance to this Packers organization. This is what the team I root for decides to do to a quarterback who has done so much for us? Even taking into account what Favre has done on his part in handling this situation poorly it certainly doesn't come close to what the Packers have just done. Hell, they won't even pay their starting running back TO PLAY!

This is absolutely ridiculous and if I were Favre I would have told Mark Murphy to F*** off and there'd be absolutely no way that I'd ever play for the Packers again let alone step foot in Lambeau field ever again. I've never heard of a more insulting way to handle a player.

Today I am embarrassed to say I'm a Packers fan.

Can we pay Bob Harlan 20 million to come back and send Murphy on his way because that's the only way I can see this situation resolving itself reasonably.

Creative Commons License
All Original Photos are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License. Creative Commons License
All Original writings are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.