Thursday, July 10, 2008

"Generation Kill"

"Generation Kill" is the new 7-part miniseries that is starting on HBO Sunday Night and I recommend everyone watch it.

First question, what is "Generation Kill"? Well it's the story about the Marine's First Recon Battalion during the first 40 days of the Iraq war. They had a Rolling Stone imbed, Evan Wright, with them during that time, you may recall a series of articles in Rolling Stone about this, and he wrote a book in which this miniseries is based. First Recon Battalion was one of the first groups into Iraq, they actually were in Iraq before anyone knew they were in, those sneaky bastards.

Second question, why I am recommending it? Well I went to high school and played football with Sgt. Michael Josh Brunmeier who was a member of First Recon Battalion. Josh played inside linebacker with me, we ran a 5-2 and he played the left side and I played the right. He is definitely the type of guy you would want to go into battle with and I am proud to call him a friend and teammate. Man, and some of his war stories are unbelievable, just unreal.

The only problem I have with the miniseries is the guy who plays Josh is waaay too good looking for him. Ha, oh well. Watch it, then you can tell people while watching it, "hey a guy I do that blog thingy with knows a guy in this show or something".

Creative Commons License
All Original Photos are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License. Creative Commons License
All Original writings are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.