Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Disc Golf; thrill agony and shame

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. I was playing solo at Valley View as is my wont when i caught up with another singleton ahead of me. The young man asked if i'd like to finish the round together and i accepted. My opponent was -5 after five while i was +2.

I normally choke with an audience but this day i was On Fire. I drive with a zebra patterned Beast and my tosses were spot on. The black and white in flight spin is cool to see. My ordinary maximum toss of 225 ft was easily achieved with each attempt. Baskets i normally bogey i made par and those i par i birdied, including my first ever birdie of 18. My opponent bogeyed 18 after over throwing an apporach and sending his disc down the hill. As it happened we both finished the round at -2, my personal best for this year. Then i noticed Disaster.

My zebra Beast was ripped! A full semi circle rip had appeared midway through the disk; as if trying to form a much smaller disk from within the larger circumference. I loved that thing. I had a best ever score of -5 last year with that disc. and now it was dead.

Since then i have used my daughter's TeeBird and lost it. Purchased a Champion Beast and lost it. And purchased a Star Wraith which i'm still evaluating. I'm back to my usual score of +2 and none to happy about it.

Creative Commons License
All Original Photos are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License. Creative Commons License
All Original writings are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.